Required Prerequisites or Supplements to Minor
- Biology 1113 or 1113H
- Biology 1114 or 1114H
- Chemistry 1210, 1220; 2510, 2520
Required Microbiology Minor Courses
The Microbiology Minor consists of a minimum of 14 credit hours of microbiology courses:
- Microbiology 4100 [General Microbiology]
- At least two of the following:
- Microbiology 4110 [Pathogenesis and Immunobiology]
- Microbiology 4120 [Microbial Physiology and Diversity]
- Microbiology 4130 [Microbial Genetics]
- Microbiology 4140 [Microbial Genetics Laboratory]
- Group 1 Microbiology Electives so that minor coursework totals 14 credit hours (full list can be found within Major Electives on Major Requirements page)
Coordinating Advisor must approve all microbiology minor [pdf] programs.
320 Biological Science Building
General Information on Minor Programs
- Minor programs are not required for graduation.
- A student may not take a major and a minor in the same subject.
- No more than two credit hours can overlap with the major.
- Students need not file their minor programs until they file their graduation applications, that is, two semesters before they plan to graduate.
- Once a minor is on file in the college office, any changes must be discussed with the coordinating advisor.
- No more than six hours of transfer credit may be applied to any minor.
- Although a grade of C- will be permitted in courses comprising the minor, the minimum overall CPHR of the minor shall be 2.0.
- Courses taken on a Pass/Non-pass (PA/NP) basis may not be applied to the minor.
- No more than 6 credit hours overlap of a GE is permissible.
Join the American Society for Microbiology Student Chapter at OSU! Contact President Yalini Ramamoorthy for questions.