Department of Microbiology causes to support:
- Microbiology Special Fund - Provides support for all programs within the Department, including undergraduate research, outreach to local schools, and academic support
- Anne H. Baumhofer Scholarship Fund - Established May 7, 2004, from her estate through The Foundation. Income supports a scholarship for microbiology majors with preference to traditionally underrepresented groups who enhance diversity.
- Jorgen M. Birkeland Fund in Microbiology - Established in May 1984, by alumni, faculty, and friends to honor Dr. Birkeland's commitment to the Department and graduate education. This fund supports the presentation of research findings by Microbiology Graduate students at both international and domestic conferences.
- Siragan H. Ezekelian Bacteriology Fund- Established in October 1973 at his bequest. This fund provides stipend support for Microbiology Graduate Fellowship recipients.
- Kathleen E. Kendrick Scholarship Fund- Established in July 2000, by Dr. Kendrick's estate and family, friends and colleagues through The Foundation to honor Dr. Kendrick's memory. This fund provides support for minority undergraduate students majoring in Microbiology.
- Elizabeth M. Mote Memorial Award in Microbiology- Established November 1984, by family, friends, colleagues and former studenst to honor her teaching career in microbiology. This provides funding for awards presented to outstanding Graduate Teaching Associates in Microbiology.
- Chester I. Randles Graduate Studies Scholarship Fund in Microbiology- Established in March 1984, by alumni, faculty and friends in Dr. Randles's memory. This fund provides funding to worthy graduate students in their final year (or within 1 year of graduation) of their doctoral program in the Department of Microbiology.
- The Schwarm Endowed Scholarship Fund in Microbiology- Established in November 2014, with gifts from Samuel Schwarm Jr [BS 1973, MS 1976]. This fund is used to provide scholarships to undergraduate or graduate students majoring in Microbiology who demonstrate financial need.
- William A. Starin Lectureship - Established in November 1947, by friends in Dr. Starin's honor. This fund provides support for the department to bring in visiting seminar speakers to present their research to the Department of Microbiology.
- Richard E. Stent Jr. Scholarship Fund- Established April 2, 2004, from his estate. Income supports assistance to deserving students majoring in the biological sciences with preference to microbiology majors.
For more information on how to give, please visit Give To OSU