Transfer Credit FAQs


Q: I took a microbiology course at another university. What do you need from me in order to evaluate that course?

A: To evaluate the course, you will need to provide the syllabus from the course. The syllabus should include a list of topics covered in both the lecture and (if applicable) the lab part of the course. You may provide the syllabus in any of the following ways

  1. Send it as an email attachment in your request for evaluation of the course
  2. Fax it to the microbiology department: 614-292-8120 (include your name and contact information in the fax)
  3. Bring a hard copy to the undergraduate advisor for the Microbiology Department.

Q: What if I took a course at another university or college that I think should be counted as equivalent to Microbiology 4100?

A: Obtain a complete syllabus of the course and contact the coordinating advisor who will bring your course information to the attention of the Departmental Curriculum Committee. The committee will review your case and will likely require you to schedule a time to take a lecture exam and lab exam concerning material presented in Microbiology 4100. You will need to get a grade of C- or better on these exams.