eTravel: Relocation Reimbursements



  • Only new employees where relocation reimbursement is offered in your signed official offer letter may request a relocation reimbursement.
    • By Official, this means that the following people must provided prior approval: Department Chair, PI of employee, and College HR Manager.
      • If a faculty member, the ASC NMS Divisional Dean will have also signed the offer letter.
    • The ASC NMS Divisional Dean may be required to provide pre-approval if a larger amount is requested.
    • The Department and PIs are not required to provide relocation reimbursement to new employees
  • All receipts must be submitted together after arrival and must be submitted to the Admin Manager (schweinfurth.22).
    • The relocation reimbursement is for a one-way relocation trip to Columbus; however, house hunting may be allowable for reimbursement if you notified the department in advance of your travel to Columbus.
    • If there are any issues or questions, you will be contacted after everything has been reviewed (or converted if international travel was involved)
  • Please be sure to review the Relocation Expenses policy 2.30*, as some items will be subject to tax withholding and others may be non-reimbursable expenses (i.e. utility charges, household related items (light bulbs, brooms, furniture, etc.), meals after arriving, real estate expenses, loss of security deposit, etc.)
    • The department is not responsible for paying oil change/car service fees.
  • If the Payroll/Tax office find any issues with your receipts, the reimbursement may be delayed.

For any questions related to the Department of Microbiology process, please contact the Admin Manager (schweinfurth.22)


*Policy is subject to change without notice.