At this time, due to COVID-19 and campus restrictions, all OSU related travel is cancelled until at least December 31, 2020. Please review the updated OSU Travel Office guidelines here. While there may be some exemptions, they will be rarely approved and will be domestic business essential only. Please contact Staci Schweinfurth (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions and clarification.
Thank you for your cooperation.
- Email Departmental Admin with the relevant information (meeting information, dates and times of departure/return, estimated expenses, chartfield information) and the request will be created for your travel. You can use and attach a pre-trip worksheet [pdf] if you prefer (this is not required). [Students must submit their travel requests to Natasha]
- [Faculty Only] Create your own travel request. If you would like to create your own travel request, one of the Departmental Admin will double check the travel request and then submit it on your behalf. To do this, use the name.# of the Departmental Admin in the designated box at the bottom of the page titled "Notification" and then click "Save and Send Email" found at the bottom of the page. Do not use the department's general email.
- Faculty- If you do not require reimbursement, but will be traveling on university related business/seminar presentations (especially within Ohio) you will still need to submit a University Business Leave.
**If a travel request or University Business Leave has not be created and approved prior to your departure, a reimbursement will not be processed as it is against university and departmental policy.
- Effective 8/1/2018, all business related flights must be purchased using our travel agency, CTP, travel tool Concur.
- Any flights booked on a personal card, without going through Concur, on or after 8/1/18 will not be reimbursed
- Note: You may book a flight on your personal card within countries where booking through outside travel agencies ins impractical (Please be sure to notify the Department prior to your travel if this will be needed). Do let us know first, so we can make a comment in your travel for reference and documentation.
- You are required to book rental cars through our preferred vendors, National and Enterprise, either via the online portal or the travel tool Concur.
- You cannot use the departmental pcard to purchase guest flights. We will use the CTP travel tool Concur.
- If the guest uses their own card, that is allowable.
- All guest travels must be pre-approved and have related T#s or they cannot be reimbursed.
Prior submitting your travel request, please review the following information:
*The Travel Policy is subject to change without notice.