Post Doctoral Scholar- Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center
Room 944, Riffe Lab
496 W 12th Ave,
Columbus, OH 43210
Areas of Expertise
- Environmental microbiology
- Microbial ecology
- Population genetics
- B.S. in Bioscience, Nanjing Agricultural University, China, 2011
- Ph.D., Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China, 2016
Lab: Lonnie Thompson
Affiliated Microbiology Labs: Matthew Sullivan & Virginia Rich
- First Place Poster Award, Ohio Supercomputer Center User Group meeting, Columbus OH, 2019
- The Byrd Postdoctoral Fellowship, Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center, OSU, 2016
Zhong ZP, Rapp JZ, Wainaina JM, Solonenko NE, Maughan H, Carpenter SD, Cooper ZS, Jang HB, Bolduc B, Deming JW, Sullivan MB. 2020. Viral Ecogenomics of Arctic Cryopeg Brine and Sea Ice. mSystems. 5: e00246-20.
Zhong ZP, Solonenko NE, Gazitúa MC, Kenny DV, Mosley-Thompson E, Rich VI, Van Etten JL, Thompson LG, Sullivan MB. 2018. Clean low-biomass procedures and their application to ancient ice core microorganisms. Front Microbiol. 9: 1094.
Zhong ZP, Liu Y, Miao LL, Wang F, Chu LM, Wang JL, Liu ZP. 2016. Prokaryotic Community Structure Driven by Salinity and Ionic Concentrations in Plateau Lakes of the Tibetan Plateau. Appl Environ Microbiol 82: 1846-1858.
Zhong ZP, Liu Y, Liu HC, Wang F, Zhou YG, Liu ZP. 2015. Vibrio salilacus sp. nov., a new member of the Anguillarum clade with six alleles of the 16S rRNA gene from a saline lake. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 65: 2653-2660.
Xu Y, Sun GD, Jin JH, Liu Y, Luo M, Zhong ZP, Liu ZP. 2014. Successful bioremediation of an aged and heavily contaminated soil using a microbial/plant combination strategy. J Hazard Mater 264: 430-438.